Please pay close attention to the expiration date printed at the bottom of your ID Badge. Failure to renew your ID Badge before the expiration date will require a new application and security clearance. Badges may be renewed up to 60 days prior to expiration.
Step 1: Book Appointment
Badge renewals are done on an appointment basis only. Please contact your Authorized Signatory to book a badge renewal training appointment.
- If you do not know who your authorized signatory is, please contact the Badging Office.
- If you are a member of the Des Moines Flying Club, please contact the club directly at 515-710-0120.
- If you have a South T hangar badge, please contact Steve Dawson at 515-256-5100.
Step 2: Document Check/Recurrent Training
1. Please do not be late for your badge renewal training appointment or you will have to reschedule. Allow 30-45 minutes for badge renewal training.
2. You must provide 2 valid forms of identification as required by the Identity and Employment Verification Chart.
- Applicants born outside of the United States must provide proof of United States Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- If your job requires you to drive or operate equipment on the ramp, you will be required to provide a valid driver’s license.
3. A new Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) will be performed for all badge renewals except General Aviation badge holders.
4. Upon completion of badge renewal training you will be issued a new ID Badge.