Please pay close attention to the expiration date printed at the bottom of your Airport ID Badge. Failure to renew your ID Badge before the expiration date will require a new application and security clearance. Badges may be renewed up to 60 days prior to expiration.
Step 1: Book Appointment
Badge renewals are done on an appointment basis only. Please contact your Authorized Signatory to book a badge renewal training appointment.
- If you do not know who your Authorized Signatory is please contact the Airport Security Office.
- If you are a member of the Des Moines Flying Club, please contact the club directly at 515-710-0120.
- If you are a South T Hangar tenant, please contact Steve Dawson at 515-256-5100.
Step 2:Document Check/Recurrent Training
1. Please do not be late for your badge renewal training appointment or you will be asked to reschedule. Allow 30-45 minutes for badge renewal training.
2. You must provide 2 valid forms of identification as required by the Identity and Employment Verification Chart.
- Applicants born outside of the United States must provide proof of United States Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- If your job requires you to drive or operate equipment on the ramp, you will be required to provide a valid driver’s license.
3.A new Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) will be performed for all badge renewals except General Aviation badge holders.
4. Upon completion of badge renewal training you will be issued a new Airport ID Badge.