Step 1: Application
All badge applications must be submitted via the company Authorized Signatory. The Airport Security Office will not coordinate badging with sub-contractors or vendors directly.
- Sub-Contractors or Vendors working at the Airport need to contact the project main contractor or Airport tenant/sponsor that is requesting services.
- If you are a member of the Des Moines Flying Club, please contact the club directly at 515-710-0120.
- If you are a South T Hangar tenant, please contact Steve Dawson at 515-256-5100.
Authorized Signatory must enroll new applicant and book a fingerprint appointment through the Authorized Signatory Badging Portal.
Step 3: Fingerprinting
1. All applicants must submit to a Security Threat Assessment (STA), and a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC). *General Aviation badge applicants require only an STA*
2. You must provide 2 valid forms of identification as required by the Identity and Employment Verification Chart.
- Applicants born outside of the United States must provide proof of United States Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- If your job requires you to drive or operate equipment on the ramp, you will be required to provide a valid driver’s license.
3. Please do not be late for your fingerprint appointment or you will have to reschedule. Allow 10-20 minutes for fingerprinting.
4. Authorized Signatory will notify applicant and schedule a badge training appointment when the CHRC and STA security checks have been completed. Please allow 5-15 days for clearance.
Step 4: Badge Training
Badge Training must be completed within 30 days of completed security clearance. A new security clearance must be initiated after 30 days have passed.
- Please do not be late for your badge training appointment or you will have to reschedule. Allow 30-45 minutes for badge training.