Step 1: Application
All badge applications must be submitted via the company Authorized Signatory. The Airport Badging Office will not coordinate badging with sub-contractors or vendors directly.
- Sub-Contractors or Vendors working at the Airport need to contact the project main contractor or Airport tenant/sponsor that is requesting services.
- If you are a member of the Des Moines Flying Club, please contact the club directly at 515-710-0120.
- If you are a South T Hangar tenant, please contact Craig Eveland at 515-256-5100.
Authorized Signatory must enroll new applicant and book a fingerprint appointment through the Authorized Signatory Badging Portal.
Step 3: Fingerprinting
1. All applicants must submit to a Security Threat Assessment (STA), and a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC). *General Aviation badge applicants require only an STA*
2. You must provide 2 valid forms of identification as required by the Identity and Employment Verification Chart.
- Applicants born outside of the United States must provide proof of United States Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- If your job requires you to drive or operate equipment on the airport, you will be required to provide a valid driver’s license.
3. Please do not be late for your fingerprint appointment or you will have to reschedule. Allow 10-20 minutes for fingerprinting.
4. Authorized Signatory will notify applicant and schedule a badge training appointment when the CHRC and STA security checks have been completed. Please allow 5-15 days for clearance.
Step 4: Badge Training
Badge Training must be completed within 30 days of completed security clearance. A new security clearance must be initiated after 30 days have passed.
- Please do not be late for your badge training appointment or you will have to reschedule. Allow 30-45 minutes for badge training.
Please pay close attention to the expiration date printed at the bottom of your Airport ID Badge. Failure to renew your badge before the expiration date will require a new application and security clearance. Badges may be renewed up to 60 days prior to expiration.
- Badge renewals are done on an appointment basis only. Please contact your Authorized Signatory to book a badge training appointment.
- Expired forms of identification will be required to be updated at the time of renewal or a new badge will not be issued.