Only vehicles authorized by Des Moines Airport Authority may operate inside the airport perimeter fence. Street licensed vehicles must display a valid vehicle permit.
Vehicle Permits can be purchased in the badging office for $10.00.
- Vehicle permits will only be issued to active badge holders that have been assigned Non-Movement Area or Movement Area driving privileges.
- You must provide proof of an insurance policy with 1 million dollars of liability coverage.
- You must provide vehicle license plate number and vehicle make and model.
- Must be in sound mechanical condition.
- Must be identified on both sides with the company name or logo.
- All vehicles and equipment must be equipped with two headlights and one or more red tail light.
- Any vehicle operating on an open runway or taxiway must also be equipped with an amber rotating beacon visible from 360 degrees.
- See DMAA Rules and Regulations Chapter 5 for a full list of vehicle requirements.