Step 1: Application
- Complete the application in the badging system.
- Have the form signed by an authorized signer.
Step 2: Background Check/Identification Documents
Your badge type requires an FBI background check (CHRC) and a security threat assesment (STA). These must be completed before the badging process can continue. You must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Schedule a fingerprinting appointment in the badging system.
- Bring your forms of identification with you to your fingerprinting appointment. You must bring the originals.
- Please do not be late for your appointment or you may have to reschedule. Allow 15-30 minutes for fingerprinting.
- When your CHRC and STA have been completed, your supervisor will be notified in the badging program. Allow 5-15 days for clearance. If you results haven't cleared after 15 days, contact the Badging office at 515-256-5005.
Step 3: Training/Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your background check, you are ready to schedule your training in the badging system.
- Your training will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Upon successful completion of the required training, your ID badge will be issued.
*Training must be completed within 30 days of your background check approval*