Step 1: Application
- Fill out the application in the badging system.
- Have the form signed by an authorized signer.
Step 2: Background Check/Identification Documents
Your badge type requires a Security Threat Assesment (STA), and an FBI background check (CHRC). Both of these must be completed before the badging process can continue. *General Aviation badge holders will require only an STA*
You must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work inthe United States.
- Schedule a fingerprinting appointment in the badging system.
- Make sure your bring your forms of identification with you to your appointment. If your job requires ramp driving, a driver's license check will be conducted to make sure you have a valid driver's license.
- Please do not be late for your appointment or you may have to reschedule. Allow 15-30 minutes for fingerprinting.
- When your CHRC and STA have been completed, you will be notified. (Allow 5-15 days for clearance. If you have not been cleared after that time, contact the Badging office at 515-256-5005).
Step 3: Training/Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your background check, you are ready to schedule your training in the badging system.
- Your training will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Upon successful completion of the required training, your ID badge will be issued.
*Training must be completed within 30 days of your background check approval*